Advocating for Orthopaedic Care in Canada
AdvoOrtho – Advocating for Orthopaedic Care in Canada – is the advocacy initiative developed by the Canadian Orthopaedic Association, servicing the orthopaedic community including, but not limited to, surgeons, allied health professionals and patients. The Canadian Orthopaedic Association (COA) was established in 1945 as an organization for Canadian orthopaedic surgeons to count on to uphold their interests and advocate for the profession and excellence in care.
- Advocate for orthopaedic participation on provincial and federal task forces for COVID-19 recovery plans, addressing back log and resource allocation.
- Build relationships with government and institutional representatives to communicate current state of orthopaedic care.
- Launch a public awareness campaign to attain excellence in orthopaedic care in Canada.
- Support for more research funding at a federal level.
- Raise awareness of orthopaedic specialist training needs, job creation and impact of nursing shortages on the profession.
Canadian Orthopaedic Care Day
Join us on Wednesday, March 27, 2024 for the second annual Canadian Orthopaedic Care Day by sharing a message of support online using the hashtags #CdnOrthoDay , #OrthoCareCanada to recognize and celebrate all those involved in Orthopaedic care across Canada. Follow AdvoOrtho for updates and news: Twitter and Facebook. Would you like to join us as an official Supporter of AdvoOrtho? Send us an email.